My apartment gets almost no direct sunlight and can get quite cold. He had been fighting a losing struggle ever since he arrived and it was pretty clear this day would come before winter was over. I had friends water him while I was gone on break, but it just wasn't enough. When I returned from vacation there were no living leaves and there was nothing I could do.
Readers of this blog have been avid Basil supporters since the beginning, so I felt it was only fair to make a small tribute so that everyone could reminisce. He will be missed.
Basil - A Retrospective
3 comments:
Oh no, poor little basil...
But at least he shined in the post about your new apartment, in which he appeared in every singe picture with a vigorous appearance.
And you did a great job in taking the very last picture of him.
NOOOOOO!
now i know what is really cooler than ice cold.
My sympathy Paul.....I'm sorry to report that Bazil's arranged fiancee has also gone to plant heaven to be with her beloved. They had such a short life, perhaps they will reincarnate next year and we can have grandbazils together. You never know!
Post a Comment